So this is what happens when you don't double-check to make sure the screw holding the pen in place on the pen-plotter is tight enough. As this plot started, and unbeknown to be, the screw started to work its way loose. To the point that the pen was no longer held properly, but rather wiggled back and forth as the plot was draw.
Until the moment it fell out completely leaving the design unfinished and rather worrying clattering sound. Which is around the point I discovered what had happened.
When I talk about how unique and one-off each plot is, I don't normally mean quite like this.
- 📆 30th September 2021
- 🏆 Random open edition
- 🖋 Staedtler pigment liner 0.8mm
- 🎨 Staedtler pigment Black
- 📄 A3 Bockingford watercolour 300gsm cold pressed - 29.7 × 42.0cm, 11.7 × 16.5in
- 🤖 AxiDraw V3/A3 pen plotter
- 👨🎨 Original © Daniel Catt 2021
- Reference: 70T-WH-BL-A3-SL-U
Signed and dated on the front, shipped flat without the frame.
The ink used in this work is archival-ink, light-fast and fade-resistant, the paper is acid-free and also fade-resistant. That said, it's still probably wise to frame it and hang it somewhere out of direct sunlight.